Role: Senior Experience Designer
Skills: UX design, research & synthesis, user research, strategy, interaction design, user testing, content design, rapid prototyping, design
I worked with over 30 clients covering a wide range of NZ businesses and government agencies to design, innovate and deliver empowering human-centred experiences. This included MBIE, Business.govt, Ride Forever (ACC), NZ Post, Kiwibank, Mojo Coffee, Electricity Authority, Tenancy Services and Sport NZ.
Working within the DNA team we created world-class digital experiences that improved business performance, maximised technology advances, responded to changing user trends and enhanced customer experiences.
The work had great variety, timeframes and budgets involving different design activities like conducting user research interviews, co-designing with stakeholders, designing detailed protoypes, running user testing sessions and regularly communicating with clients and stakeholders.
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Co-design workshops with stakeholders
- User-research and synthesis
- Iterative design approach
- Cooperative design sessions
- User-testing and recommendations
- Deliver projects and pieces of work for DNA across a range of private and public sector clients
- Participate in user research, conceptual modeling and user requirements analysis
- Produce user empathy tools such as profiles, personas, journey maps, and scenarios
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Undertake tasks and challenges of varying scales and levels of complexity
- Design and specify user interactions using collaborative and iterative design techniques
- Plan and undertake user testing to validate designs
- Participate, as a key contributor, within a cross disciplinary team to create exceptional user experiences
- Contribute to the scoping, planning and execution of projects
- Work closely with clients to determine ‘the problem’ and design innovative solutions